[CM] sndplay hangs after playing soundfile

Peter M. Traub ptraub@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 00:10:07 +0900

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is a well-known issue, as I couldn't find any reference
to it in the archives. When I play a sound with sndplay (the most recent
version available from ccrma), it hangs after the sound ends, and I have to
Ctrl-C to exit it. This is particularly frustrating when using clm in emacs.
When I send a buffer to clm, clm does the processing, plays the sound, but
then will hang on the next processing run unless I explicitly 'kill' the
current hanging sndplay process (at which point, it immediately fires up
another one and plays the queued sound). Does any one know what is causing it
to not exit properly? Thanks in advance.

Peter

Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu