[CM] newbie installation issues

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:56:48 -0700 (PDT)

> ok, i finally got ALSA installed and working on my home setup. I then
> rebuilt (not a true rebuild though, just the alien package grab)
> cm-clm-cmn-1.0-9.src.rpm and installed with a normal core. Now clm
> starts up without segfaulting or giving any errors as before. However,
> it gives errors if I try to compile and play an instrument. I just
> tested a simple sine generator, and it compiled and loaded ok at ccrma.
> At home, however, when I try to compile and play it with 'with-sound' I
> get the following errors..
>

> 0] (with-sound () (sine 0 3 0.2 440))
>
> Error in function COMMON-LISP::FOREIGN-SYMBOL-ADDRESS-AUX:
>    Unknown foreign symbol: "clm_lnxcmu_sine5"
> Error flushed ...

I did hit this same error in clm when compiling and loading an instrument
the second time (the first time after starting lisp the instrument
compiled and loaded fine, the second and subsequent it was fine). Bill
looked at this and it seems it is a cmucl bug, he has a workaround that I
have not yet tested but will probably be included in the next tarball.

-- Fernando