[CM] newbie installation issues

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:46:58 -0700

> During that installation, I
> installed the 'normal' core. Following that, I installed
> 'cmucl-clm-oss-1.0-6.i386.rpm'. When I start 'cmucl-clm' from the command
> line, I get the following series of errors:
> [peter@12-234-214-39 peter]$ cmucl-clm
> ;;; Running /usr/bin/ld...
> ;;; Done.
>

> Error in function UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER:  Segmentation Violation at
> #x40302004.
>
> Restarts:
> 0: [ABORT] Skip remaining initializations.
>
> Debug  (type H for help)
>
> (UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER #<unused-arg>
>                        #<unused-arg>
>                        #.(SYSTEM:INT-SAP #x3FFFEA70))
> Source: Error finding source:
> Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer
> exists:
> target:code/signal.lisp.
> 0]

That's the debugger prompt for cmucl, you can exit it by typing "q"

The error itself is a sign that the compiled clmlib that is
part of the binary rpm was compiled under a different set of
libraries than the ones you have in your system. The easiest
way out of this is to grab the source rpm for the cm-clm-cmn
package and rebuild it in your system so that the libraries
match. The newly built binary should install and run fine.

-- Fernando