[CM] snd 5.12

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 04:50:47 -0700

> Dependency Problem:
> /home/bil/test/bin/guile is needed by snd-5-12

Argh!  I don't remember changing anything -- will check.

> Also,I'm uncertain of the relationship between the source 'snd-5.tar.gz',
> which has always compiled OK on YDL 2.2, and all 'snd-5-(11)(12) files.
> Is it possible to get a source 'snd-5-12.tar.gz'or should this be unnecessary

snd-5.tar.gz at ccrma-ftp is a sort of daily snapshot (except that
it always works!).  snd-5-12 is the same as snd-5.12.  The source
that corresponds to snd-5-12.i386.rpm is in snd-5-12.src.rpm.

> As regards the '.scm' extensions by Dave Phillips; how can I permanently
> compile this into 'snd' so that I don't have to start 'snd' with  snd -l
> misc.scm ?

There isn't (yet?) a compiler for the .scm files, but you can get them
loaded automatically by including the load statement(s) in your ~/.snd
file:

(load "misc.scm")

or whatever (it may need a full path here).

> Also finding that 'marks-menu.scm' and 'marks.scm' still causes
> 'unbound variable: mark-loops' type errors.

marks-menu uses mark-loops which is (currently) defined in examp.scm,
so you need to load that file also, or, perhaps better, we should
move mark-loops to marks.scm.