various Snd, oddities and bravery

Anders Vinjar anders.vinjar@notam.uio.no
25 Sep 1997 12:18:43 +0200

Bravery:

Im amidst in a recording session, and trying out the glorious record-ways
of snd.  What a panel!  Snds VU-meters ought to set a new standard on
software gear for these kind of things!  Clear, immediate info, bravo.

On a DAT, ive got 88 piano-tone samples i want to put into snd, and cut
the whole thing to bits & pieces in the editor, using searching and
something akin to 'audio-regexps', checking for contiguous growth in
samplevalues etc.

Digital in sets the input-mode to 4-channel-mode automatically.  Im not
quite sure why this happens, but my 'apanel flips to 4-chan-mode,
whenever I RESET Snds record-panel.  Actually this happens whenever i
start up Snds recording-panel.  Effectively this means i have to go to
'apanel' and 'off-click' 4-chan-mode everytime.  After that the recording
process does what it should.  Apart from that, DIGITAL IN on the SGI
seemingly works fine.

A few oddities:

   C-xC-x: x=x_max    ,or
   x=0.5*x_max

doesnt move the cursor, only returns the sample-value at point (it
seems), while

   C-XC-X: x=1024  does just that, moves the pointer to samplenr. 1024.

Still odder:

   C-s: x=0.5*x_max

Snd totally freaks out, starting blinking and finally
exploding in a Segmentation fault