various Snd, oddities and bravery

To: Anders Vinjar <anders.vinjar@notam.uio.no> bil
Thu, 25 Sep 97 06:37:02 PDT

Thanks for the bug reports -- on x_max: somehow I
must have dozed off while typing because it was simply
omitted from the table of symbols in snd-snd.c;
get_snd_var needs:

    case 9:
      ap = cp->axis;
      return(ap->xmax);
      break;

which treats it as a float (seconds), so you'll want
an expression like C-x C-x x=x_max*srate.  (It was
an accident that Snd ended up with parallel lisp and
C syntaxes -- I suppose I should choose one or the
other).

On digital in: I wasn't sure how it actually worked on
the SGI; still haven't found a way to try it out here --
I need to borrow or buy a DAT recorder.

On the search seg fault: the expression x=0.5*x_max
was constantly resetting the search location to the
same sample, causing an infinite loop (since it also
evaluated to false). I need to separate the two notions.

On the VU meters: if you have XPM, (libXpm etc), see
the sgi makefile for a way to use it to get a slightly
better label (and a lock icon).