CLM locsig question

Mari masuda@sxt7.space.lockheed.com
Sat, 4 Oct 1997 09:27:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am new to CLM, so to get more familiar with it my professor gave me a
granular synthesis instrument that sort of works, but not really, and
asked me to fix it up as my first project.  I read the CLM documentation
(clm.html) about locsig, and from that I gathered that locsig puts out a
stereo signal.  When testing the instrument with different :degree
arguments, I could not tell that any changes were taking place.
However, I could hear a difference when changing the :distance and
:reverb-amount arguments.  When I opened the output sound file with Tom
Erbe's SoundHack, it said it was a mono file.  Is there something special
I need to do to get a stereo signal?  Also, are valid :degree arguments
for stereo output from 0 to 180 or 0 to 359?  I am using CLM on a Power
Mac 7600/132 with MCL 4.1 and Codewarrior Pro 1.

Thanks a lot,
Mari

 Mari Masuda * mbmasuda@colby.edu
 www.colby.edu/personal/mbmasuda/