delete objects - maintain time

Larry Troxler lt@westnet.com
Tue, 04 Nov 1997 21:55:58 -0500

Klaus Kessner wrote:

>   > Almost every time, when I delete events from a thread (no, make that
>   > *every* time), I want to preserve the start-times of the rest of the
>   > events ...
>
> dear Larry -- i dont know if i'm getting this right but didnt you ask
> this question some time ago ???

Yes, mea culpa. I wrote the note last night in a moment of frustration,
hoping that there was some more straightforward method in the new CM.
Since this is what I want to be the default behavior (or settable by
some sort of switch), I will probably add a new Stella command to my
installation to do this, I guess what what would be simplest is for my
purposes is to add a command like delete, but one which adjusts the
rhythm of the previous object. Then I have to worry about undelete, etc.
Whatever, I'll think it through. Using absolute mode is possible too,
but I have to think whether there will be cases where I would want to
convert the result back to relative mode, in which case I would still
need to adjust the rhythms at that stage anyway.

I suppose this is a matter of figuring out how I really want this to
work, and then encapsulating it as a new command.

> since i'm using the pre-xcm-version i'm not sure if flush-muted et al are
> incorporated in the current cm-version. (if not - i can send you mute.lisp).

I don't think Rick put that code into the distribution, I think I still
have it somewhere.

Larry

--  Larry Troxler --  lt@westnet.com  --  Patterson, NY USA  --