editor in cm

Larry Troxler lt@westnet.com
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 22:24:27 -0500 (EST)

At 08:35 PM 1/9/97 EST, Joel A. Stern wrote:
>Now that I have "between" etc. working in CM, time for another mundane
question.
>Is it possible to call up a text editor from within Stella, CM, or CLISP DOS?
>I'm thinking of something like Win95's edit.com. I know there has to be a
better
>way to edit files than what I'm doing now, which is to open CLISP in a DOS
>session, find bugs/changes, close CLISP return to Win95, call up my text
editor,
>make and save changes, return to CLISP.

If you're talking about a top-level application file that defines
algorithms, etc, I don't see why you need to close CLISP when you edit the
file! If you find a bug in your CLISP session, just switch to your editor,
fix the change, save the file, and then switch back to CLISP and reload the
file - (load "fixed.lsp").  You may get warnings about redefined methods,
etc, but that's ok.

I'm using 3.1 and not 95 ( I'm thinking of switching to linux rather than
deal with 95).
But Assuming the DOS boxes work the same way in Win 95, you can also cut and
paste between a CLISP dos box and an other windows editor. This might be
usefull for the small stuff. I can send you a windows editor that does
paren-matching, if you want.

Larry Troxler
lt@westnet.com