Common Music in Franz Allegro Common Lisp 3.0.2 for Windows 95

Richard V. Morris badger@cerfnet.com
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 01:54:57 -0800

Franz Allegro Common Lisp version 3.0.2 for Windows 95 includes a
real-time interface to a MIDI sequencer.

Has anyone ported Common Music to ACLWIN 3.0.2?  This version of
ACLWIN also includes an implementation of CLOS.  I tried compiling
the CM sources in cm.zip under ALCWIN 3.0.2, but was stopped by a
problem with class-finalized-p being considered as an undefined
function.

Although I have a basic acquaintance with Lisp and a basic acquaintance
with object-oriented programming, I don't have enough familiarity with
Common Lisp or CLOS to undertake debugging this problem completely on
my own.

I do have ACLWIN 3.0.2 installed on a Pentium 200 MMX with plenty of
RAM and disk storage, and plenty of time to invest in getting CM to
run on a Win 95 PC with real-time playback capability. I'd appreciate
some pointers on how to get CM running on this platform, if it hasn't
already been ported to the platform.

Thanks,

Dick Morris
<badger@cerfnet.com>