Event recording in CM

Tobias Kunze tkunze@ulysses.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 11:00:52 -0800

  |  Let me try to be clearer. By "performance" I mean the
  |  result of mix. For example, consider if I had one stream
  |  that was note data I had typed in.  Another stream was the
  |  result of a complex generator that includes lots of heaps
  |  and random events. And a third stream was a sequence of
  |  three algorithms that also includes lots of heaps and
  |  random events. I would like to be able to save the result
  |  of a particular mix in case I like it. Then I could do
  |  further processing on a saved mix, like transpose it, for
  |  instance.
  |
  |  Is that more understandable?

yes.  use the run command, i.e,

  run foo,bar,baz 0,5,3.5 into test

puts all generated output in a thread "Test" which you then can listen
to.  I know, it should be possible to listen to the thing while it records,
but stream multiplexing is not yet there, although i'd really like to
see it, for instance to mix MIDI and Csound output.

Tobias Kunze                       t@kunze.stanford.edu
CCRMA, Stanford University         http://www.stanford.edu/~tkunze