Problem running example file in DOS CLISP

Tobias Kunze t@ulysses.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 20:09:42 -0800

  |  Any idea what I could be doing wrong here? I've been having
  |  problems getting the "linked-to" item-stream option to
  |  work, and I find I have the same problem with an example
  |  file in the CM distribution.

You do nothing wrong, the example is wrong.  8-|  This was fixed a while
ago, but seems to have crept back in.

The linked-to option expects a quoted symbol (a "name"), not the
actual lisp object ("#<RANDOM-NOTE-STREAM Bass-Line>") as given by
the result of the read-time expansion of "#@bass-line".

    (setf note (item (intervals [28 31 35 36] [29 33 36 38]
                                in heap linked-to 'bass-line)))

is correct.