clisp/cm

Charlie Baker baker@jitterbug.ccmrc.ucsb.edu
Fri, 23 Sep 94 10:24:54 PDT

-Aaron (areece@merle.acns.nwu.edu) wrote about clisp/cm:
>(stuff deleted...) Also by
>the way, csound.lsp compiled fine this time, but when I tried to output to
>.sco, I got a bunch of garbage.  It looks like binary data - umm, it isn't
>_supposed_ to do this, is it?  Midi-file output works fine, though.
>
>Regards,
>-Aaron (areece@merle.acns.nwu.edu)

I ran into the same problem when I tried clisp to run cm on our sun (I went to akcl/gcl)
Thg problem seemed to be in the format to file commands of clisp.... don't remember exactly what
command was the culprit, but when I tried just outputing a line of text with that command, I got the same garbage,(looked like there was an extra byte of stuff on the front of every character)...rather
than hack clisp, I just changed the cm output routine to use another output command...this worked ok. Then I just got sick of it , and went to using akcl/gcl.

Good luck!

Charlie
---
Charlie Baker
Center for Computer Music Research and Composition
University of California at Santa Barbara
baker@waltz.ccmrc.ucsb.edu