CM Build help needed: 486/Clisp/MS-DOS

Rick Taube hkt@zkm.de
Sat, 10 Sep 94 13:55:27 GMT+0100

>CM.  I inevitably come up with the error "EVAL: undefined function
>HANDLER-BIND."

welcome to the wonderful world of public domain software! I dont know
which version of clisp you installed, and you didnt include a trace
of what you actually did, but my guess is that you are using an old
verion of clisp since it doesnt seem to contain handler-bind error
handling. so as a shot in the dark i would suggest that you get the
latest clisp binaries from:
	 ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de
in the file:
	pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/dos/clisp.zip

	-rw-r--r--  1 haible    1369912 Aug 28 12:28 clisp.zip

i would recommend that you NOT use pcl with clisp - cm can use the
native clisp clos and that results in a much smaller image.

i built cm in Clisp here on a 486 and at stanford on a pentium, both
times without problems so i know its possible. (I should warn you
that although clisp works, on my 486 it runs like a dog.)
If for some reason you still have problems, I could probably put a
tar of whatever clisp version i have on my ftp sever for you.

	-hkt