[anet08banff] Friday, April 11 jam session

Michael Bussiere michael at sonicdesign.fm
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:37:25 -0600

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"OPENWEBMAIL" name=3DGENERATOR>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>

Chris.
=20

=20
I am investigating the possibility of a CA*net4 connection Banff&lt;-&gt; O=
ttawa,=20
likely
=20
the same one used for the Zukerman workshop. As it is likely that I will=20
make
=20
my presentation/demo with my collaborator (Dr. Martin Brooks, formerly of=
=20
the
=20
National Research Council of Canada), from some point in Ottawa (likely,=20
the
=20
Communications Research Centre BADLAB), we have an opportunity to serve as=
=20
=20
remote site for the=20
jam.
=20

=20
I propose that we attempt to use the CA*net4 path itself as a=20
performance
=20
device, adapting the gain structure along the route, along with=20
traffic
=20
shaping techniques, to bring about a technical deployment akin to=20
classical
=20
electronic music practices.=20

=20

=20
I will be meeting with Martin tomorrow to discuss both the demo (derived=20
from
=20
<a target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://marsville.tv/">http://marsville.tv</a>)=
 and the=20
potential for a=20
jam.
=20

=20
Cheers.
=20
Michael Bussi=E8re=20

=20

=20

=20
---------- Original Message=20
-----------
=20
From: Chris Chafe=20
&lt;cc@ccrma.Stanford.EDU&gt;
=20
To:=20
anet08banff@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
=20
Cc: &quot;Adams, John&quot; &lt;John_Adams@banffcentre.ca&gt;, &quot;Rogers=
,=20
Allyson&quot;
=20
&lt;Allyson_Rogers@banffcentre.ca&gt;
=20
Sent: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:21:29=20
-0700
=20
Subject: [anet08banff] Friday, April 11 jam=20
session
=20

=20
&gt; Hi=20
attendees:
=20
&gt;=20

=20
&gt; We're collecting up the likely jammers participating in the Friday=20
night
=20
&gt; session / concert. This is a sort of mega-band that we want to form=20

=20
&gt; on the=20
spot.
=20
&gt;=20

=20
&gt; Please respond to the email group from this message if you=20
--
=20
&gt;=20

=20
&gt; --will have along a computer that can be used for the=20
mega-band,
=20
&gt;=20

=20
&gt; --want to play in the=20
band
=20
&gt;=20

=20
&gt; --and / or can entice a remote partner into the session. It would=20
be
=20
&gt; great if you can mention who that would=20
be.
=20
&gt;=20

=20
&gt; John Adams and Allyson Rogers are compiling the available machines=20

=20
&gt; and players'=20
names.
=20