[mus422] Announcements

François Germain fgermain at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 9 15:40:31 PST 2013

Hello class,

Welcome to the Music 422 mailing list, and here are a couple of
announcements to inaugurate the quarter:

1) First lecture is on Friday (January 11) at 2:15pm in the CCRMA
classroom. For those who don't know, it is located in the Knoll
(http://campus-map.stanford.edu/index.cfm?ID=05-300) on the second floor.

2) For the class webpage, we'll use Coursework
(https://coursework.stanford.edu), where you should all have been added
automatically (email me if it is not the case). Class material and
homework submission will be handled through this platform.

2) At the beginning of next week, we'll hold a session on Python (the
official programming language of this class) so that everyone can
install it on his/her computer, and to give a quick introduction to the
language. We'll also talk about Coursework and CCRMA computer access.
The session will be in the evening at the same place as the lectures. In
order to accommodate everyone's schedule, please answer the survey
(http://doodle.com/d9yzp3qugr85w9vt).

See you all in class on Friday,

--
François Germain

Teaching Assistant / PhD Candidate
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA)
Stanford University