[Stk] Frequency problem when reverb level is 0

Perry Cook prc at cs.princeton.edu
Mon Sep 10 09:40:03 PDT 2018

Reverb is applied after the physical model synthesis, so that should
not affect the fundamental frequency.  Note that with all physical models
(and with actual instruments in the real world), requesting a pitch doesn’t
ensure you’ll get exactly that note.  Slight changes in the physical
parameters such as embouchure and blowing pressure will change the
pitch, as they should.

I know some users of the Flute (Brad Garton, Paul Lansky, and others)
have experimentally determined the parameter settings for the model
to get the frequencies they desire, and constructed tables for controlling
the instrument.

Hope this helps.

PRC