[Stk] Mutex OS definitions

Peter Burgess pete.soundtechnician at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 05:10:44 PDT 2015

Hi there, this is my first post to the forum. I have just started working
with the STK libraries. I have managed to compiile successfully with a few
STK classes, so I am now trying to get real time audio output with the
RtWvOut class.

I am facing errors regarding MUTEX and CONDITIONS not being defined. After
lengthy google searches and a few reads through the documentation, it seems
that what I am missing, for MUTEX at least, is the preprocessor definition
for the operating system.

I am running windows 8.1, and using microsoft Visual Studio 14 (and I have
a copy of VS11 too).

I have tried adding #define statements to RvWvOut.cpp, things like:

#define MUTEX __OS_WINDOWS__
#define MUTEX (__OS_WINDOWS__)
#define MUTEX "__OS_WINDOWS__"
#define MUTEX ("__OS_WINDOWS__")
#define mutex_ __OS_WINDOWS__
#define mutex_ (__OS_WINDOWS__)
#define mutex_ "__OS_WINDOWS__"
#define mutex_ ("__OS_WINDOWS__")

It might be obvious that I'm new to this sort of thing :D anyone know what
I need to do here? Am I even barking up the right tree?

Cheers in advance for your help,

Pete