[Stk] Getting static sound as output

Avik Pal avikpal.me at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 06:47:57 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am new in the field of audio processing and while using STK for my GSoC
project, I have hit a snag for which I need your help.I recorded a .wav
file by doing

gst-launch alsasrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! wavenc ! filesink
location=mic.wav

I wrote this code[
https://github.com/avikpal/noise-removal-and-sound-visualization/blob/master/fileIn_stk.cpp]
 to simply sample an input file and write that data back to an output file.
But here are few questions that I would like to get answered.

First of all how do I find the no. of frames of the input file? Surely I
can do
StkFrames frames( input.getSize() , 2) -> but this will only return me the
frames per sample but if I am not mistaken I need the frames of all the
samples to get a copy of the input file.

I used sox --info to learn about my input file(here mic.wav) which is [
http://paste.kde.org/p5g2m4zld]. My question is in my code do I need to
iterate over all the samples in the input file by doing.

    for(int i=0;i<268427264; i++){                  //Knowing the no of
samples from sox --info
        output.tick(input.tick(frames));
    }

But when I run this I am getting a huge output file(~2.0GB) which has only
static sound. Surely I am missing something.

Any kind of suggestion/help is much appreciated.

Avik Pal
Intern at Google Summer of Code'14
Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology,Shibpur
<http://www.becs.ac.in/>