[Stk] First Draft of a TX81Z Generalization of STK FM Instruments.

Tom Gideon tegideon at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 13:51:05 PDT 2013

Hello All,
    I am working on a TX81Z emulator for STK that generalizes the FM
instruments. In the attached .tar.gz file you will find a directory that
should be placed in the  projects  directory of the stk package. You may
need to change the OS def in the simple Makefile, Linux is the default. I
hope it will compile on other OS's too. There is a .tcl file that runs a
GUI that interacts with operator parameters in real-time if you are playing
a midi keyboard or piping in a midi loop, such as can be done using Seq24,
a wonderful little midi playing utility. Also complex automation can be
done in a python file and directly piped into the demo. The demo outputs
both to the soundcard and a wav file. There are many features missing, but
I intend to work on them, especially adding a way to save and recall
presets.
    I would appreciate all forms of criticism, especially since I am very
amateurish programmer. For any problems encountered, help tendered would be
very welcome, since what I have done is at the very limit of my abilities,
and I have a lot to learn. My hope is that this will work for everyone.
Sincerely
Tom Gideon