[Stk] mailman reply behaviour for this list

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Wed Sep 11 09:15:18 PDT 2013

On 11.09.2013 17:43, Stephen Sinclair wrote:
> Most mailing lists I am familiar with default to the list address
> being the default reply address.

Most I use don't and for a good reason:

http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/listreplyto.html

> There should be a mailman setting for this.

There is one, but I disagree that this should be set.

Useful mail clients have a "reply to list" command.

> Also, when I post to the list, I get the email back to me, which is
> unusual.  There should be a setting to say "do not send back to the
> original author."

There is one on your list membership options page (under "Unsubscribe or
edit options" on the list info page.)

Chris