[Stk] RtMidi Windows Kernel Streaming support broken?

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Wed Nov 6 16:17:15 PST 2013

Hi all,

has anybody managed to compile RtMidi with Windows Kernel Streaming
Support with VS 2008 or 2010 recently?

I get lots of syntax errors when I try to build either the Visual Studio
project in the the 'msw' directory or the project in the 'tests'
directory, changing the preprocessor directive form __WINDOWS_MM__ to
__WINDOWS_KS__. The culprits seem to be the lines with the preprocessor
macro INSTANTIATE_GUID, starting on line 2374 of RtMidi.cpp.

I don't know enough C++ or about the Windows KS API to solve this.

Before I file a bug report (where?), can anybody confirm this or provide
help with setting up the right compiler command line for Windows Kernel
Streaming support?

Chris