[Stk] problems implementing polyphony...

Patrick J. Collins patrick at collinatorstudios.com
Sun Sep 16 21:35:20 PDT 2012

> Try Voicer with a simple synth like Simple or Plucked and I think you'll see that it works
> great.

Wow, you are right..  Polyphony works fine in my game as soon as I
switched to Simple and Plucked...

That is a huge shame because I really, really, really wanted to feature
FM synthesis as the "sound" for my app.

> Interesting.  HevyMetl is an FM class, which should not burden the CPU
> in any way.  There must be something happening in the FM class that
> doesn't work well in iOS … perhaps the use of the c++ vector class to
> hold the ADSR and FileLoop pointers?

Gary, since you don't have an iPad, is there any chance you'd be up for
doing some pairing on my system sometime via screen sharing software
like TeamViewer to try to get to the bottom of this?

Thanks.

Patrick J. Collins
http://collinatorstudios.com