[Stk] Configuring BiQuad

Ariel Elkin arielelkin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 15:29:23 PDT 2011

I am trying to build a set of EQ presets with the STK's BiQuad class. My background is in electronic music production, so I know my way around a graphic EQ fairly well. But despite some fair amount of research (I have been using these pages: http://peabody.sapp.org/class/350.838/lab/biquad/ and http://www.musicdsp.org/files/Audio-EQ-Cookbook.txt), I'm still unable to figure out how some of the BiQuad's parameters relate to the variables in a graphical EQ…

Say I want to implement an EQ preset like this one: http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/7273/screenshot20110725at101.png

In the screenshot, I have a low shelving filter with a stop frequency at 70Hz , then I'm boosting the gains for 90Hz by 16.5dB with a Q of 8.2, and 205Hz by 24dB with a Q of 10.0.

How can I thus configure a BiQuad/Filters from the STK?

Cheers,

Ariel