[Stk] "patching" approach to stk?

Morgan Packard morgan at morganpackard.com
Thu Feb 3 10:41:39 PST 2011

Hi There,

Thanks to all you wonderful people who have developed and made stk
available. I'm currently using a few stk classes in my iOS app, Thicket, and
I'm very thankful for not having had to implement them myself. I'm in the
process of evaluating a few different technologies for use going forward.

I'm wondering what the best approach to creating somewhat complex graphs of
stk objects is. I would love to be able to use STK a little bit more like
SuperCollider, ChucK, PD, etc, being able to think in terms of plugging
outputs in to inputs without having to pause to think about, for example,
storing a buffer of ADSR values to multiply against a buffer of sine wave
amplitudes which will then be used to modulate the pitch of another sine
wave.

I think that what I'm asking for is outside the core of STK, but perhaps I'm
wrong? Is anyone using STK this way? Is there any code available anywhere
which will help me create a graph of stk generators?

I'm considering switching entirely over to a higher-level synthesis tool.
But I like having all of my code in C/C++ land, and being able to access any
object I want easily and directly.

thanks,

-Morgan

--