[Stk] Re : STK Problem

Chris B largowhinch at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 4 02:10:27 PDT 2010

Hi,
I am still experiencing the same problems. I have understood the general
principle, writing an array 2 spaces wide an computing the 2 samples this
way, but I still can't get something simple as monophonic sound for testing
purpose. And I also can't get different signals on both speakers. I also
have a question about the code from Gregoire Davy, what is the meaning of
the pPan function? I can't find a declaration in the STK Class overview. I
am asuming that mySound is the data pointer?

Well, here is the code. Perhaps it's only a very simple mistake and I am too
blind to see it.

#include "SineWave.h"
#include "RtAudio.h"
#include "RtWvOut.h"
#include <cstdlib>

using namespace stk;
using std::min;
// This tick() function handles sample computation only.  It will be
// called automatically when the system needs a new buffer of audio
// samples.
int tick_c( void *outputBuffer, void *inputBuffer, unsigned int
nBufferFrames, double streamTime, RtAudioStreamStatus status, void
*dataPointer )
{
  SineWave *sine = (SineWave *) dataPointer;
  register StkFloat outs[2];
  register StkFloat *samples = (StkFloat *) outputBuffer;
  int i,nTicks = (int) nBufferFrames;

  for (i=0; i<nTicks; i++ ){
    for( int h=0;h<1;h++)
      {
      //*samples = 0; //if it's not outcomment I get an error when exiting
the programm
      outs[h] = sine->tick();
      outs[h+1] = (sine->tick())*0;  //Should mute the right speaker - but
it doesn't
      *samples++ = outs[h];
      *samples++ = outs[h+1];}
    //samples++; //if it's not outcomment I get noise
  }
  return 0;
}//end callback function

int main()
{
  // Set the global sample rate before creating class instances.
  Stk::setSampleRate( 48000.0 );//Standard: 44100
  SineWave sine;
  RtAudio dac;

  RtAudio::StreamParameters parameters;
  RtAudio::DeviceInfo devInfo;
  devInfo = dac.getDeviceInfo(dac.getDefaultOutputDevice() );

  // Figure out how many bytes in an StkFloat and setup the RtAudio stream.
  parameters.deviceId = dac.getDefaultOutputDevice();
  parameters.nChannels = 2; //outputchannel = 2
  parameters.firstChannel = 0;
  RtAudioFormat format = ( sizeof(StkFloat) == 8 ) ? RTAUDIO_FLOAT64 :
RTAUDIO_FLOAT32;
  sine.setFrequency(500);

  unsigned int bufferFrames = RT_BUFFER_SIZE;

  try {
    dac.openStream( &parameters, NULL, format, (unsigned
int)Stk::sampleRate(), &bufferFrames, &tick_c, (void *)&sine );
  }
  catch ( RtError &error ) {
    error.printMessage();
    goto cleanup;
  }
  try {
    dac.startStream();
  }
  catch ( RtError &error ) {
    error.printMessage();
    goto cleanup;
  }

  // Block waiting here.
  char keyhit;
  std::cout << "\nPlaying ... press <enter> to quit.\n";
  std::cin.get( keyhit );

  // Shut down the output stream.
  try {
    dac.closeStream();