[Stk] STK and Pure data

Stephen Sinclair sinclair at music.mcgill.ca
Tue Feb 2 17:48:08 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 6:24 PM, Pierre Massat <pimassat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> thank you all for your replies. I still can't compile anything till the
> end... the thing is that i don't need the latest version, i need version
> 4.2.0 because some Pure Data externals based on ragamatic require it (and
> they won't compile with the newest STK). Since i plan on using it with flext
> to create my own Pd externals, i need an old version anyway.
> So 4.2.0 won't compile, even with all the #include lines added. Same with
> 4.2.1. Is there something i m missing here? I know that STK is supposed to
> always be an alpha release, but why is it so hard to compile?
> I m not posting the errors this time as there were too many (i stopped at
> RtAudio which caused an error that i couldn't fix).
> Thanks again for your help!

Well, it is hard to help if you don't post the errors, but again I
advise you to just look for which headers are needed for the functions
that are referenced and add them to the cpp files.  (If that is the
only problem..)

Otherwise, by all means post your results so we can help.  Also, what
OS and gcc version are you using?  I notice that in my Ubuntu 9.04
installation, dpkg reports that the package for stk is at version
4.2.0, so maybe you could get some mileage out of using that
pre-compiled version?

Of course, it's not really expected that an old version maintained to
compile in a newer system, but I'm sure it can be patched to work with
a bit of effort.  However I think it would be instead worth your while
to get those Pd externals working with the latest version of STK.  For
one thing, it includes some improvements for inlining of the tick()
functions, so it would make things a bit more optimized.

Steve