[Stk] STK and Pure data

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 15:24:29 PST 2010

Hi,
thank you all for your replies. I still can't compile anything till the
end... the thing is that i don't need the latest version, i need version
4.2.0 because some Pure Data externals based on ragamatic require it (and
they won't compile with the newest STK). Since i plan on using it with flext
to create my own Pd externals, i need an old version anyway.
So 4.2.0 won't compile, even with all the #include lines added. Same with
4.2.1. Is there something i m missing here? I know that STK is supposed to
always be an alpha release, but why is it so hard to compile?
I m not posting the errors this time as there were too many (i stopped at
RtAudio which caused an error that i couldn't fix).
Thanks again for your help!

Pierre

2010/2/2 Nikos Chantziaras <nikos.chantziaras at gmail.com>

> Thanks for looking into it :)
>
> The patch you attached fixes most errors, but there are two more "#include
> <cstdio>" that are needed due to fseek(), fclose() and friends: one in
> src/FileRead.cpp and one in src/FireWrite.cpp. After that, building in all
> project directories and in src succeeds without build errors.
>

> On 02/02/2010 09:34 PM, Stephen Sinclair wrote:
>
>> You also need to
>>
>> #include<cstring>
>>
>> In general, any time this happens on standard-ish functions, grep for
>> the function in /usr/include/* and you'll probably find it.
>>
>> I should mention, since I haven't mentioned it on this list before,
>> that I have a git repository which is forked off of the STK release
>> tarballs that fixes a few of these issues.. basically I'm just using
>> it to track any small changes I occasionally make to STK.  (Which is
>> not many at all.)  But these missing headers happens to be one of
>> them.  You can find it at
>>
>> http://github.com/radarsat1/stk
>>
>> Incidentally, github seems to be down temporarily.. ("Repository under
>> migration")  so in the meantime, I've attached a patch on the 4.4.1
>> tarball release that adds my changes. Apply it in the stk-4.4.1 folder
>> with "patch -p1".
>>
>> Steve
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Pierre Massat<pimassat at gmail.com>
>>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I m sorry to bother you again with my compiling issue. I have tried
>>> adding
>>> #include<stdio.h>  to Stk.h, as well as
>>> #include<cstdio>
>>> using namespace std;
>>> to WvIn.h, to no avail. Now i get these errors with WvIn.h :
>>>
>>> WvIn.cpp: In member function ‘void WvIn::openFile(std::string, bool,
>>> bool)’:
>>> WvIn.cpp:111: error: ‘strncmp’ was not declared in this scope
>>> WvIn.cpp: In member function ‘bool WvIn::getWavInfo(const char*)’:
>>> WvIn.cpp:204: error: ‘strncmp’ was not declared in this scope
>>> WvIn.cpp:277: error: ‘strncmp’ was not declared in this scope
>>> WvIn.cpp: In member function ‘bool WvIn::getAifInfo(const char*)’:
>>> WvIn.cpp:388: error: ‘strncmp’ was not declared in this scope
>>> WvIn.cpp:393: error: ‘strncmp’ was not declared in this scope
>>> WvIn.cpp:463: error: ‘strncmp’ was not declared in this scope
>>> WvIn.cpp:476: error: ‘strncmp’ was not declared in this scope
>>> WvIn.cpp: In member function ‘bool WvIn::getMatInfo(const char*)’:
>>> WvIn.cpp:509: error: ‘strstr’ was not declared in this scope