[Stk] DirectSound issues under Windows 7?

Utku Uzmen utkuuzmen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 04:34:44 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using RtAudio 4.0.6 with Qt 4.5.1 under Windows Vista to build a
DirectSound application. When I take the same application to Windows 7, pin
its icon to the new taskbar and launch it from there, sometimes the
application crashes on startup (MS Visual C++ Runtime terminates "in an
unusual way").

So far I haven't seen the crash when debugging in the IDE (Qt Creator) or by
launching from other places, but I seem to have narrowed it down to
RtApi::openStream(). (I also tested with an empty project that simply opens
a DirectSound output stream)

Before I dig deeper, I was wondering if anyone has seen similar issues,
especially under Windows 7.

Thanks,

Utku Uzmen