[Stk] *.wav file that FileRead can open

Richard Dobson richarddobson at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Mar 14 15:03:02 PDT 2009

There's no such thing as an "ASIO Soundcard"; ASIO is a driver API, and
  most soundcards come with several, not least the standard  Windows
ones for MME and DirectSound. Asio drivers may of course be installed as
well, but they have to be expressly looked for by applications. The
default build for "play" et al uses the DirectSound API; you would need
to modify the project as described in the docs to use ASIO. I can't say
why you are not getting output, if play is running as you describe;
perhaps it is a multi-device card and you are simply not connected to
the right outputs. I haven't built with ASIO myself, so don't know if
there are any problems there. If playing with the Windows settings
doesn't fix it, try building with DirectSound and see what happens.

Richard Dobson