[Stk] Rate parameter (as in StopBlowing(StkFloat rate) )

Gary Scavone gary at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Jun 2 11:46:49 PDT 2009

Hi Michael,

Its actually the amount that the envelope is decremented for each
sample.  So, you need to account for the sample rate as well (like you
did in your first example).  Thus, to make it go from 1.0 to 0.0 over
3 seconds, the rate would need to be:

1.0 / (3.0*Stk::sampleRate())

Note, however, that your envelope might not be at a value of 1.0 to
start with ... that is usually set in the NoteOn function based on the
key velocity.

Regards,

--gary