[Stk] Question on STK

Perry R Cook prc at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Jul 2 11:58:15 PDT 2009

Hey Michael,

An STK class, even a complete instrument like Flute.cpp or
BlowBotl.cpp by itself won't do much.  You have to write
code to control it, or better yet, start with our demo
project which can access all instruments and do something
meaningful with them.  There should be lots of README
files laying within the various directories, so check
out the demo directory first.  If you do things right,
you should be able to run STKDemo and get a user interface
that lets you select and "play" all the instruments.
There are also smaller projects in the examples directory
like bethree and threebees that show you how to make
and control just one instrument.

It's probably a good idea to subscribe to the STK maillist
at CCRMA, and post your questions there, because lots of
STK folks have suffered through what you're pondering now,
and one or more of them, plus Gary Scavone and myself,
read those posts.

PRC