[Stk] Bowed String Model within Supercollider

Andrew Csoka F06376533 at tic.ac.uk
Wed Apr 22 05:12:08 PDT 2009

Hello

I'm quite new to mailing lists and physical modelling so please be gentle.

I'm trying to create a waveguide physical model of a bowed string within supercollider.
I've managed to replicate the delay lines and to some extent, the scattering with Allpass filters.

I've been using a saw wave as the delay line's input for testing, but I now want to model the stick-slip motion and I'm not sure how.
If anyone can give me some ideas and pointers or even a link to a document which details a good way to model it, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks alot
Andrew

Andrew Csoka
F06376533 at tic.ac.uk