[Stk] Reading audio file for further processing and recording some new audio for further processing : RtAudio? STK? Examples Testing on Mac 10.5.4: Device not found

alpana jui lpnjui at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 8 14:00:46 PDT 2008

Dear Gary and Everybody,

  I need some suggestions about using RtAudio or STK. I am new to this
audio reading for further processing or capturing some new audio for
feature extraction.  In both cases, I need to store the audio files
for signal processing and feature extraction for speech recognition.
Please give me some advice about this where I can concentrate to
achieve my goal while using RtAudio or STK.

I tried to follow the test sample first to see what this is for and I
just received the message that audio device is not found. But I
changed this to MACOSX_CORE.  What I should do here. I need to store
the file for processing and I need this tool to read my recorded file
for signal processing for my task.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Thank you,
Jui