[Stk] RtAudioFormat and static at output

Stephen Sinclair sinclair at music.mcgill.ca
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:39:42 -0400

David Michael wrote:
> This leads me to believe that it is something concerning the VIA
> soundcard itself, like the driver. But if that was the case, it leaves
> me confused as to why "aplay" would work, but RtAudio would not... .

It's very strange..

I would try various formats, like integers signed and unsigned.

Also, try the OSS interface and see if it works better.
(Try the program "aoss" to force it to use alsa oss emulation)

Maybe also try different buffer sizes, though I can't imagine buffer
problems would create "noise" as you describe.

Steve