[Stk] Where is d3dtypes.h?

Stephen Sinclair sinclair at music.mcgill.ca
Sat Jun 21 15:49:39 PDT 2008

Hi David,

It's better than you don't remove the discussion from the STK list, that
way other people can also help.

David Garber wrote:
> my problem is that Microsoft Visual C++ doesn't want to read header
> files that are directly in the folder where the demo project is saved.

Under project options, there is an option called something like "extra
include directories".  Make sure the folders you need are listed there.
If something from the current directory isn't working, you can try
adding "." to mean the current directory.

However, I still don't see why you are hitting d3dtypes.h, since it's
not related to sound.  Maybe if you posted the compiler output it would
help.

I should note that if you're hitting errors that aren't related to STK,
but to MSVS, it might be more fruitful for you to ask in MSVS-related
message forums rather than on the STK list.

> How do I go about compiling STK without using MSVS.  Any suggestions
> on programs to use?

The only other real option on Windows is mingw.  It's a little bit of a
pain to set up, but it works well once it's running.  I don't know if
I've ever tried to compile STK with it though.

http://www.mingw.org/

There's also Borland, but I'm not a big fan of it, and it's not free.
I'll just add that on Linux it's easy as pie to get STK compiled.

Steve