[Stk] fast time domain filter implementation

Emile Vrijdags emile.vrijdags at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 13:00:39 PDT 2008

I'm implementing an application that uses a lot of resources. And after
profiling I see that about 90% of the application's execution time goes
into the
StkFloat Filter::tick(StkFloat)
function.
I also see that the filter class and tick function are implemented with
std::vectors, and my profiler says 59% of the time of the tick function
is spent on operator[].
So I guess this can be done faster, but I have no idea how to do that. I
have tried using iterators, but they were even a little slower.

Maybe someone knows of a free optimized filter implementation (time
domain), or knows an obvious way to improve performance of that code
segment?

(I'm using intel c++ compiler and intel vtune profiler on win xp SP2 32
(intel core duo cpu))

Emile