[Stk] Simple recurrent events in STK

David Michael david at unnature.net
Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:35:49 -0500

Hi Steve

Yep, I am doing something really similar within my unit generator.

void RecurrentSamplePlayer::computeSample( )
{
	if( elapsed_time >= _period ) {
		triggerSample();
		elasped_time = 0;
	}
	else{
		elapsed_time++;
	}
}

Is there a more efficient way of doing this without the conditional
evaluation at sample rate?
I thought maybe have the program/thread sleep() for the amount of
time I wanted. That way there would not be any real processing going
on between sample triggers. You bring up a point though, since this
is only integer increments, this is probably not the place in the
program that is killing the sans-FPU processor.