[Stk] RtAudio application/port name (for jack in particular)

Gary P. Scavone gary@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:42:14 -0500

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the comments.  I already made a change to RtMidi that
allows one to name virtual MIDI ports in ALSA and OS-X (via the
openVirtualPort() function).  The currently distributed version has
this (http://www.music.mcgill.ca/~gary/rtmidi/classRtMidi.html).

I'm currently working on a new version of RtAudio and something
similar should happen there for Jack.  At the moment, I'm trying to
"nail down" the new API in OS-X before propagating it to the other
supported audio APIs.  The port naming feature is API-specific so
I'll need to find a consistent way to support it.

Regards,

--gary