[Stk] Re: [Alsa-user] [Alsa-devel] USB card @48kHz only: at what layer to resample?

enrico_groups@libero.it enrico_groups@libero.it
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:48:05 +0200

Hi Lee,

> You just need to patch STK to allow plughw devices to be used, or give
> up and run at 48Khz.  There's no other solution.

Thanks for the concise and clear answer.

I decided to change my code and run at 48kHz.

I am now facing a new problem.  If I run at 48kHz with the old soundcard everything works fine.  If I switch to the Terratec I get quite some problems.  The system slows down a lot, things got better switching the module param nrpacks=1 and making the buffer larger, but it still clicks and the system is still very slow.

I am currently using the blocking version of the STK real-time audio classes.  Despite the fact that I have them in a separate threads, the new card is slowing also the other threads.  Shall I consider switching to the non-blocking callback methods?  If so, why?

What else shall I look at to make my system perform normally?

I'll be happy to provide more info if that helps.

Thanks,
Enrico