[Stk] basic questions about play.cpp

Helena Troy helenatroy1@hotmail.com
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:45:35 +0000

Hello,

I have still a few question about play.cpp.   (Did I pick a hard example to
start with?  Does anyone have a reccomendation of a good example to start
with?)

1) - Is the second parameterof tick() (int buffersize) included in tick() to
conform with the typedef for "RtAudioCallback"?

2) - How is the first parameter (char buffer) initialized?  (I guess it must
come from the FileWaveIn object passed thru the dataPointer parameterer,
but I really can't tell how this initialization happens)

3) - The global StkFrames frames varible is declared at the beginning of the
code, but (why) doesn't it have to be instantiated somewhere in the program
with a call to 'new'?

4) - Is function  of tick() to move a pointer along the audio file passed to
'play' so that the system knows where to start when it needs to read the
next chunk of data from the file?   If you pass a very small file to play,
I guess tick might never be called?

thanks everyone, very much, for your patience with my elementary questions
Helena