[Stk] stk brass model

William Tsun-Yuk Hsu hsu@tlaloc.sfsu.edu
Fri, 20 May 2005 18:01:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I've been spending some time playing with the stk waveguide
brass instrument model. I'm running stk 4.2.0 on an iBook
running MacOS 10.3.9.

Using the default settings (from the Tcl/Tk interface or
the example score files), I get a bright tone with a
very rough envelope. I've tried tweeking the parameters
to get a smooth, more brass-like sound, with mixed
results. The best I can do is to turn down the maximum
breath pressure; the envelope sounds smooth, but the
tone doesn't have a bright brass-like quality.

I've played with the Percolate port of the brass model,
with similar results. Any suggestions on parameter settings
to get a smooth brass-like tone (like a trumpet or french
horn)? Thanks...

Bill Hsu