[Stk] avoid stdout prints

Norman Casagrande casagran@iro.umontreal.ca
Fri, 08 Oct 2004 01:05:05 -0400

Hi all,

I have been using STK for a while in my university project, and I like its
clean framework, but I have a small remark to give: why is there no way to
deactivate all the messages (printf) in WvOut? I am generating a lot of wav
files, and it is a little bit annoying to see every time all these messages
like:

WvOut: creating WAV file: myFile_3433.wav

I could redirect stdout but it is not clean, and I would be forced to
switch stream every time I need to print something.
It would be very handy to have a flag, or a value we can set in the
constructor so that this output is on or off depending on the user's need.

Thanks in advance,

Norman Casagrande
LISA Labo
Université de Montréal