[Stk] Trouble with RtApiDs::stopStream

chaos@corrupt.net chaos@corrupt.net
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 04:07:57 -0400

I'm trying a modified version of the Instruments tutorial on Windows. What
I've changed is that I've put the loop that plays the instrument in a separate
thread, and I've stored pointers to the instrument and RtWvOut stream as
member variables in a class.

When the class is destructed, I try to delete the instrument RtWvOut
pointers. The problem is that when the dtor of RtWvOut calls
RtApiDs::stopStream, it gets stuck in the loop with the comment:

// Check whether the entire write region is behind the play pointer.

(Line 6125 in RtAudio.cpp.) The currentPos never seems to be updated.

When I move the destruction of the RtWvOut stream to the thread function,
right after the instrument-playing loop, it works with no problem.

Ever run into this? Any clues?