[Stk] RtMidi question

Gary Scavone gary@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:40:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi George,

>>in directory stk-4.1.1/projects/demo
>>I did:
>>make Md2Skini
>>and this worked, but now when I feed in a .mid file, I get the message:
>>	RtMidi: No OS X MIDI input devices available.

Is there some sort of MIDI device connected to your computer (USB,
firewire, ...)?  The RtMidi class was unable to find one.  And
Md2Skini doesn't "eat" a .mid file.  It simply converts realtime MIDI
from a MIDI input device to SKINI formatted messages.

>>Also, I get a similar message:
>>	RtAudio: no devices found for given parameters.
>>when I enter ./Drums.bat, for example.

Most likely, you need to specify the -s 44100 argument since the
default OS-X audio device only supports 44.1 kHz sample rate.  So,
instead of running ./Drums.bat, instead type:

wish < tcl/Drums.tcl | demo Drummer -or -ip -s 44100

--gary