[Stk] Problem in compiling STK

Gary Scavone gary@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:07:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi Meera,

>>I am a new member to the group.I downloaded the STK4.1.1 but i am
>>having a problem in compling the classes. I am trying out the
>>Bethree example but while compilation gives missing storage class
>>exception for DEVICE_ID ,THREAD_HANDLE and AUDIO_HANDLE . Platform
>>is WINDOWS 2000.I included all the header files in the path but the
>>problem persists.

Those are all components of the class RtAudio.  Are you using the
example Visual C++ project files that come with the STK distribution?
If you've created your own Visual C++ project file, look at the
"README-Win.txt" file in the doc directory for details.  In
particular, you need either the __WINDOWS_DS__ or __WINDOWS_ASIO__
preprocessor definition (depending on your audio driver).  In
addition, you need to set the application for multithreading, load the
dsound library, the sockets library, etc...

--gary