[Stk] tempo variation

Gary Scavone gary@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:25:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi Meera,

>>Could someone tell me how i can vary the tempo in the SKINI score
>>file? I have a sequence of note ons and note offs in the SKINI score
>>file but i would like to vary the tempo .

You could do either of the following (and possibly other things as
well):

1. You could change the delta time values for your events in the SKINI
scorefile.

2. You could scale the value returned by the "Messager->getDelta()"
function (in samples).

Obviously, option #2 is the easiest and could be made into a
controllable tempo component of any program.

--gary