[Stk] question about Mesh2D

Stefan T. Tomic Stefan.T.Tomic@Dartmouth.EDU
12 Feb 2003 15:02:37 EST

Thanks Gary.  I think I figured it out.

My original email may have been confusing.  When I was referring to the junctions, I meant only those that are kept in a buffer between the delay lines, not including reflections at the boundaries.

What I was missing in my original inquiry was that the code below, which updates the reflections, is looping through the y going delay units in the x direction, and the x going delay units in the y direction.  Going through the dimensions in this way, there are as many delays as there are in the junction buffer.

Stefan Tomic

--- You wrote:
Hi Stefan,

Off the top of my head, I would expect one more junction than delays.
Take the 1D string ... one delay (or two bidirectional delays) and two
junctions (one at each end).

But I'm saying this with almost no experience with 2D structures.  The
Mesh2D class was essentially written by Julius Smith ... I just fixed
it up for the 4.0 release.

--gary