[Stk] cbSize

Yair Ghitza yghitza@umich.edu
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 19:24:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi everyone,

I am using the WvIn class to read wav files into a program.
My problem is that some wav files are read correctly and some cause a
run-time error: "WvIn: Error reading WAV file"

The wav files that give me problems are ones that I have modified using a
freeware program called Audacity.  Specifically, say I take one wav file
that is read correctly by the WvIn class.  If I import it using Audacity,
and export the file unmodified to a new file, WvIn gives me the error.
A few more specifics: both wav files have ...

Bit Rate = 1411 kbps
Audio Sample size = 16 bit
Channels = 2 (stereo)
Audio sample rate = 44 kHz
Audio format = PCM.

The only difference I was able to find in the format of the wav files was
the cbSize.  Using Matlab, I found the modified file's cbSize = 0, while
the original did not specify a cbSize.  I am not very familiar with what
the cbSize is, so I was wondering if this is the problem, and if so, what
I can do to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks a lot,

	-Yair