[SLOrk-China] IMPORTANT gear transport

Spencer Salazar spencer at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu May 29 23:53:15 PDT 2014

Hello Slorkers! I hope everyone is pumped up for China this summer (slash
in a little over 1 week).

I writing because I have a super important request for everyone (students,
instructors, TAs) who will be traveling to Beijing for the seminar. I am
asking that each person bring with them a case (which I will provide) that
contains a hemi speaker, a MOTU audio interface, and cables for all of
these. This case should be brought on the plane as carry-on luggage to
minimize the possibility of damage, confiscation, or loss.

The cases have wheels so they are not hard to move around, but this will
limit your own carry-on allowance to just the "personal item" (handbag,
laptop bag, backpack, etc.).

To ease the airport security and int'l customs processes, we will hand out
documents to everyone, on Stanford U. and Beijing U. letterhead, explaining
the purpose of the equipment. This is in case any security people are
concerned about us taking a bunch of funny looking custom electronics onto
a plane.

All of this is critical to getting all of the Slork equipment there in one
piece, so please let me know ASAP if you anticipate any problems with this
-- Im going to assume at this point that everyone can take 1 speaker case
with them on the trip to China.

Thanks!!!
spencer